Start a career creating agricultural change in both North Dakota and the Nation.
Be an advocate for North Dakota Grain farmers. Cultivate a future for yourself that
includes helping to create legislation that promotes change.
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors
Location: North Dakota (Fargo, ND preferred)
The Executive Director of the North Dakota Grain Growers Association (NDGGA) is responsible for leading and managing the organization to achieve its strategic goals and objectives. The Executive Director will work closely with the Board of Directors and staff to represent the interests of NDGGA’s members and promote the growth and success of North Dakota’s wheat and barley industry.
Applications due Monday, May 22nd.
- Provide strategic leadership to the organization and work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategic plans that align with the mission and vision of NDGGA.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the organization, including overseeing staff, budgets, and programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including NDGGA members, policymakers, industry partners, and other agricultural organizations.
- Represent NDGGA’s members in legislative and regulatory matters at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Develop and implement communication and outreach strategies to promote NDGGA’s mission and activities to members, policymakers, industry partners, and the general public.
- Plan and execute educational and networking events for NDGGA’s members.
- Oversee the production and distribution of NDGGA’s publications, including newsletters, reports, and other materials.
- Monitor and report on industry trends and developments that may affect NDGGA’s members and the grain industry in North Dakota.
- Provide regular reports to the Board of Directors on the status of NDGGA’s activities, finances, and performance.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business, public policy, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- At least five years of experience in a leadership role in a similar organization, preferably in the agricultural industry.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, program management, and stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address complex issues affecting the grain industry.
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Passion for and commitment to the mission and values of NDGGA and the North Dakota grain industry.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan